make better happen
We’ve been making better happen for individuals, communities and organisations since 1999. Operating around the UK, our team of over 40 full-time expert practitioners work through our people-shaped approach - Insight, Co-create and Engage - to create positive and sustained behaviour change.
behaviour change specialists...
on a mission to help co-create a well, confident and self-reliant society.
Skillfully blending the art and science of human-centred design & innovation through the three domains of...
insight co-create engage
Using action research, service & experience design, behavioural economics, systems thinking, communications & engagement to co-create...
change with heart
Smoking in Pregnancy Adviser - Cannock/Stafford
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a fast-paced and growing team. ICE Creates is a values-led behaviour change organisation, delivering transformation and change solutions across various disciplines throughout the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated self-starter, based in Cannock/Stafford and the surrounding areas, to help us grow our business by delivering our stop smoking in pregnancy service.
ICE Creates’ work begins with a promise to share our strengths with the world around us. It’s all about people and behaviours - it’s about you and the legacy you want to create.
ICE is one of the fastest growing health and lifestyle behaviour change organisations in the country. Our entire team is committed to and passionate about improving the happiness, health and wellbeing of people throughout the UK.
Based in Stafford, the Stop Smoking in Pregnancy Advisor will be an efficient self-motivator. Comfortable working independently to drive the business forward, you will be working with clients and communities to shape and deliver our creative, innovative and proactive service that makes a real difference to individuals and their communities.
Sharing and living our ICE values is vital for all of our team.
Our values are:
Job Title: Stop Smoking in Pregnancy Advisor
Work pattern: Part time
Working Hours: 27.5 to 28 hours per week over 4 or 5 days
Contract Length: Fixed term – 31st March 2018
Salary: £18,000 pro rata
So, what will I actually be doing?
The focus within your role as Stop Smoking in Pregnancy Advisor will be on the delivery of the community-based service and engagement with partners and prospects to secure opportunities to deliver the stop smoking service. You will take ownership of the agreed geographic area for building a pipeline of opportunities for service delivery, i.e. liaising with maternity services, making calls, promoting the service and attending meetings with representatives to develop pathways.
You will be working as part of a committed team with expertise, passion and experience in behavioural change and lifestyle management, including smoking cessation, alcohol, physical health, weight and mental health.
This role requires outstanding engagement, great communication, follow through and a proactive focus. Your duties will include:
- Ensuring that all activity and data is recorded in line with service key performance indicators and targets.
- Maintaining equipment and supplies for the service in line with agreed standards and policies - including maintenance and calibration of CO/Point of Care testing monitors in line with infection control requirements.
- Contributing to the assessment of clients for suitability for the stop smoking programme.
- Carrying out CO tests using equipment provided.
- Assessing nicotine dependence and readiness to quit using the Fagerstrom test.
- Supporting the client in making the best decision on Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) products.
- Providing NRT via a voucher scheme/direct supply.
- Where direct supply is required, maintaining stock levels and following agreed financial procedures for taking prescription charges.
- Ensuring appropriate records are kept for all contacts with the service.
- Following up and supporting clients for four week and 12 week/delivery quits.
- Supporting clients who fail in their attempt to re-engage with the service and make subsequent attempts.
- Arranging for 12 week follow up appointments at convenient locations, including the client’s home or community.
- Maintaining accurate records using online databases in real-time.
- Returning all service paperwork in a timely manner in line with agreed protocols.
- Operating within a framework of individual performance review through undertaking tasks to meet defined objectives.
- Maintaining stock control and undertaking ordering of resources for the stop smoking service.
- Supporting the stop smoking team with the planning, preparation and delivery of training events.
- Taking proactive steps to drive referrals into the service through community outreach and promotion of the Stop Smoking Service. Includes a strong focus on identifying and following up opportunities to deliver workplace clinics - via telephone calls, emails and face-to-face meetings.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Confidence in communicating
- A high degree of accuracy
- Computer literacy
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to build and retain strong relationships
- A positive attitude
- Ability to persuade, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels
- Driving License and own car (essential)
- Achievement orientated
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Sets high standards and consistently achieves them
- Personable and confident, friendly and helpful.